[governance] Action on Enhanced Cooperation, please

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Sun Jan 14 11:55:05 EST 2007

See Michael's point, but I agree a simple thanks for this letter is enough.

What we might do is include a comment about our "continued
willingness and readiness to substantially contribute" etc in any
contribution on the stock-taking exercise (if we're to make a
contribution?)

And I would also like us to say we support and encourage Mr Desai to
continue as chair of the advisory group.

Anyone have thoughts for a contribution to the stocktaking exercise?

One comment from a MAG point of view -- it was nice to be able to
accept all the workshop proposals for Athens.  I don't think the MAG
would have been good at deciding which to keep and which not.  More
time this year, should be able to design a better, clearer program.
Without workshops, it starts to look very much like a dull conference.

No more 3 hour panels.  I thought the format generally worked, though
moderators need more/better briefing.  Keep IG for development.
Access as a main theme.  Capacity building as a theme rather than
cross cutting.  Revisit para 71 for missed issues.  Internet
resources ("ICANN") should be discussed.  Openness, Security,
Diversity are good themes.  Emerging issues needs completely
rethinking.

Adam

     governance at lists.cpsr.org