[governance] Re: remote participation

atanu garai atanugarai.lists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 14:49:51 EST 2007

I had the opportunity to participate in today's meeting, albeit in the first
half only and could see that the developing countries are present only
through the government delegations. Of course, the question of funding
participation from developing countries were raised several times by various
participants, and Mr. Desai wanted to give his reflection, which I did not
have the opportunity to learn. At least for the time being, it would be good
to have such kind of online space to continue discussions. Then, I propose
to further this idea of the setting up of appropriate networking tools
involving southern institutions, especially for the CSOs, as the meeting for
New Delhi is approaching.

Atanu