[governance] IGF Dynamic Coalition on Privacy: Geneva, 11 February, 14:00-18:00

Ralf Bendrath bendrath at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Thu Feb 1 12:13:08 EST 2007

Working Meeting of the IGF Dynamic Coalition on Privacy
Sunday, 11 February 2007, 14:00-18:00

Manotel Jade
55 rue Rotschild - CH 1202 Geneva (Tel : 41 22  544 38 38)

Draft programme
---------------

1. Welcome and introduction

2. Thematic block I: digital identity management

   short input presentations by:
   - Ralf Bendrath and Udo Neitzel (University of Bremen)
   - Jan Schallaböck (PRIME-Project),
   - Allison Knight (Electronic Privacy Information Center)
   - Bertrand de La Chapelle (French Government)
   - Caspar Bowden (Microsoft EMEA)
   - Mary C. Rundle (Identity Commons WG on Identity Rights Agreements)

   general debate (focus: global public policy aspects)

3. Thematic block II: privacy and development

   short input presentations by:
   - Karen banks (APC, will submit something written)
   (still looking for more feedback)

4. Thematic block III: privacy and freedom of expression

   short input presentations by:
   - Christian Möller (OSCE, tbc)
   (still looking for more feedback)

5. Next steps for the Dynamic Coalition on Privacy
   - working methods
   - outreach
   - next meetings
   - deliverables

After the meeting, we will work on a written report and maybe some other
documents for the IGF consultations on the 13th. The IGF secretariat has
kindly reserved a room at the UN palace on the 12th which we can use for
this. However, if you want to enter the UN premises on this day, you have
to let the IGF secretariat know in advance. (igf at unog.ch)

Dipl. Pol. Ralf Bendrath
University of Bremen
Collaborative Research Center "Transformations of the State"
Linzer Str. 9a, D-28359 Bremen, Germany
Tel.  +49 (421) 218-8735
Fax   +49 (421) 218-8721
official http://www.sfb597.uni-bremen.de/homepages/bendrath