[governance] "Internet users" Summit

Meryem Marzouki marzouki at ras.eu.org
Thu Dec 13 10:36:43 EST 2007

Thanks for these details, Jacqueline. I was aware of the ALAC list
archives (http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/pipermail/alac_atlarge-
lists.icann.org/), which are indeed public, but there was not much
discussion on this issue, and specifically on the 1st draft available
at https://st.icann.org/alac/index.cgi?motion_on_the_summit_proposal.

I was rather referring to the list of the working group (http://
atlarge-lists.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/summit-wg_atlarge-
lists.icann.org), which requires authentification to access the
archives restricted to list members.

I've also found directions to a google group (http://
groups.google.com/group/icann-summit/web/icann-ensemble), but also
restricted to members (any application should first be approved). The
description of this google group is: "This group is for anyone
interested in helping to stage the ICANN At-Large Summit, tentatively
scheduled for the ICANN meeting in June 2008, to bring together all
of its At-Large Structures for the purposes of education and policy
development. "

Probably what should be made clear is that this "Internet users"
summit is nothing more than a meeting of At-large structures and
their current ALSes.

Best,
Meryem

     governance at lists.cpsr.org