[governance] Re: IG questions that are not ICANN [was: Irony]

Alejandro Pisanty apisan at servidor.unam.mx
Sat Dec 1 21:38:06 EST 2007

Suresh,

in Spain, there is an Association of Bank Users, sort of a consumers'
union for bank clients, which the banks hate and gets a lot done for the
consumers.

Does that get a ball rolling? Recall other related examples?

And I absolutely agree with your list. Point is, it begs the addition of
academic institutions which are seriously concerned with security and
cybercrime and have expertise in these fields; CERTs which are not
strictly governmental; and again, does this pull a longer string?

There's another angle I consider very important. It is not only the list
of stakeholders and their specific functions, but also the way they
interact, that can give rise to effective mechanisms. A systemic
(organized, ordered, with clear recognition of components,
incentives/drivers, feedback cycles, robustness-enhancing redundance
mechanisms, etc.) view is demanded. Bit of work. Worthwhile.

Yours,

Alejandro Pisanty

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  . .  .  .  .  .  .
      Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
Director General de Servicios de Computo Academico
UNAM, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico
Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
Tel. (+52-55) 5622-8541, 5622-8542 Fax 5622-8540
http://www.dgsca.unam.mx
*
---->> Unete a ISOC Mexico, www.isoc.org
  Participa en ICANN, www.icann.org