[governance] Are Internet users powerless or empowered, and how?

George Sadowsky george.sadowsky at attglobal.net
Sat Dec 1 15:28:36 EST 2007

Alex,

I fear that it will take much more than the public record to
determine the real costs of operating the registry/registrar system.
I hope that someone tackles the question and performs an
authoritative comprehensive analysis in an independent manner.

The domainers and their activities are at best a vexing unintended
consequence of some rules that were established for other, at the
time meritorious, reasons.  There has to be some way to fix that
situation, and I am all in favor of eliminating the add grace period,
among other things.  I view the Internet as a public trust, not as a
feeding trough for hungry animals.

On the subject of complacent Directors, I suggest an addition.  No
one in their right mind would make the mistake of placing Susan
Crawford or Harald Alvestrand in that class.

On to the next subject.

Regards,

George

     governance at lists.cpsr.org