[governance] MAG future

l.d.misek-falkoff ldmisekfalkoff at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 13:07:42 EDT 2007

Dear Bertrand and All:

*Please accept the following response to your kind post with the intended
light touch and spirit of congeniality, and bright / broad e-smile*.

I will renew on a continuing basis my interest in being involved and serving
as you may see fit.

Interculturally, interconnectivity aligned, I think it would be good (I
think) to have (include) a woman who started computing in the 1950's and
continues today, programmed the actual macros for the original GML
(precursor to HTML) Starter Set Tags upon survey and interview for end-user
goals and resources, has been an Internet Lawyer re Human Rights, invented
psycholinguistic and computational research e-tools, is published, has a
ph.d. combining document analysis with systems engineering principles,   has
attended/presented at  ICT conferences for 40 plus years, including WSIS I
and II and IGF I, and continues in civil society service at the United
Nations still interested and involved in computer aided education.  But do
you think so?  A kind of *historical* factor.

Hope you do not find this too *hysterical* ! And of course as per usual and
the wonderful side-benefit here, all interested in the above topics is
cheerfully invited to correspond back-channel.

Warm regards, and *Respectfully Interfacing,* LDMF.

Dr. Linda D. Misek-Falkoff.

P.S. It would be great to have an ICT and Disabilities presentation in RIO,
including but not restricted to the Convention on The Rights of Persons With
Disabilities, and concerning Access of Course but other bearing-topics as
well. .

On 8/22/07, Bertrand de La Chapelle <bdelachapelle at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Renewal of the MAG has launched an interesting string of comments - as
> usual. I'd just like to call attention to the key paragraph in the UN
> announcement :
>
> "As part of its mandate, the Advisory Group has been asked to enhance the
> transparency of the preparatory process by ensuring a continuous flow of
> information between its members and the various interested groups.  It has
> also been requested to make proposals on a suitable rotation among its
> members, based on recommendations from the various interested
> groups.  *Any
> decision on how to prepare subsequent meetings will be taken after the Rio
> de Janeiro meeting in an open, inclusive and transparent consultative
> process, taking into account the proposals of the Advisory Group*."
>
> Whatever feelings people have on the present composition, methods of
> renewal, etc... the main challenge for all stakeholders will be to come up
> with a suitable MS structure and methods for selecting its members for the
> India meeting. Some of the comments already made on the list provided
> hints
> on what people see as solutions, but the discussion needs to be broader.
>
> This is a major challenge and opportunity for the governance list :
> can IGC come up with concrete proposals in that regard, that can be
> broadly
> accepted within CS and other constituencies, like it was instrumental in
> promoting and obtaining acceptance of concepts like the broad definition
> of
> internet governance, multi-stakeholderism and the forum ?
>
> Exciting perspective.
>
> Best
>
> Bertrand
>

> ____________________
> Bertrand de La Chapelle
>
> Tel : +33 (0)6 11 88 33 32
>
> "Le plus beau métier des hommes, c'est d'unir les hommes" Antoine de Saint
> Exupéry
> ("there is no better mission for humans than uniting humans")

Linda D. Misek-Falkoff, Ph.D., J.D.
For I.D. here:
IDC-ICT Taskforce.
Coordination of Singular Organizations on Disability (IDC Steering).
Persons With Pain International.  National Disability Party, International
Disability Caucus.
*Respectful Interfaces* - Communications Coordination Committee For The U.N.
(Other Affiliations on Request)
alternate  email:
Spelled out:
(The year) 2007 is my 50th year in computing and I am a woman with
disabilities - dot com.
actual email address:
linda at 2007ismy50thyearincomputingandIamawomanwithdisabilities.com