[governance] Key contributions - come from all sorts of places..

George Sadowsky george.sadowsky at attglobal.net
Thu Apr 26 11:06:18 EDT 2007

All,

I adopt the broad view of Internet governance, and for me a key issue
is the extent to which Internet governance concerns are national in
scope and the extent to which they are international.  Understanding
the locus of any problem is key to understanding which mechanisms can
be used to ameliorate or fix it.

So Bill's comment regarding national vs. global is quite pertinent.

Many of us believe that 99.9% of the Internet community just want the
Internet to work.  They want the availability of affordable access,
with a right to confidentiality of communication.

I believe that it is of critical importance to understand clearly the
impediments to this goal, and for each such impediment, the venue in
which they can be fixed and therefore should be addressed.  GIPI has
made a start in this direction, other organizations have clearly
contributed also.

I do not find a lot of discussion on this list responsive to this
goal. Perhaps I'm just out of step with the list.

George

     governance at lists.cpsr.org