[governance] RE: [NA-Discuss] ALAC and NCUC

Mr. Robert Guerra lists at privaterra.info
Thu Apr 19 13:46:05 EDT 2007

Jacqueline:

Don't underestimate what people can do online with limited time and
limited resources.

While many users have the luxury of  being on the modern internet for
more than 20hrs a month, many do not. Though their experience may be
different, ways need to be found for their experience,views and
issues to make their way to IG fora such as ICANN and the IGF.

Outreach to all users, be they well connected or not is the great
challenge for ALAC. Can it do the job entirely in a volunteer
capacity or is support from ICANN and other stake-holders needed.
ICANN staff has left it up to ALAC to decide. So what do we ask for ?
What is appropriate support for ALAC as a whole, and what is best
done at the local, regional and/or RALO level?

regards,

Robert
---
Robert Guerra <rguerra at privaterra.org>