[governance] .xxx. igc and igf

Milton Mueller Mueller at syr.edu
Tue Apr 10 18:24:49 EDT 2007

Vittorio Bertola wrote:
>I really don't see feasible any political scenario in which
>ICANN would take directions from the IGF.

"Take direction," no, but ICANN will respond to political pressures
from any source. And why not use IGF to stimulate awareness of ICANN and
its issues, if there are civil society people who go to it and not
ICANN meetings?

> At the last ICANN meeting,
> between known faces scattered in corridors, there
>were talks of a fixed civil society meeting on the
> last day of every ICANN meeting - that
> might be a good point to start, for example.

There was also such talk at the joint NCUC-ALAC meeting. Carlos and I
have been promoting this idea for a couple of years now.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org