AW: [governance] Where are we going?

Wolfgang Kleinwächter wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de
Mon Apr 9 09:51:42 EDT 2007

My conclusion from the debate so far is that there is a missing link in the mechanism of involved institutions and organisations. We all agree that ICANN should not go beyond its narrow defined technical mandate. A lot of us agree also that it should not be the GAC (alone) to make the final decision. Other IG organisations (potential partners in the process of enhanced cooperation) are even worse positioned to make such a decision. One conclusion could be to create a new multistakeholder body for cases like this which gets for very narrow defined cases a final decision making mandate. This could be a joint GAC/ICANN Working Group or something new. Any ideas?

Wolfgang

     governance at lists.cpsr.org