[governance] Update on voting for charter

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Sep 28 09:58:06 EDT 2006

hi again,

On 28 sep 2006, at 09.00, Avri Doria wrote:

> If you haven't voted, please do so soon (before end of day 2 October).
> If any of your friends haven't voted yet, please remind them
> personally to vote.

I have been asked, offlist, to publish a list of people who have
voted/not voted.  I am uncomfortable about doing that for several
reasons - though per the charter approval process  will publish the
list of those who voted (but not how they voted) at the end of the vote.

Part of the reason I am uncomfortable is that the voters list is
currently listed in terms of email addresses and I will need to map
it to people's names before I publish it.  I have no intention of
publishing a list of email addresses on a public list and don't have
the time today to do the mapping of addresses to names.  Another
reason is that I don't want to resort to public display as a forcing
mechanism  (i prefer to rely on persistent nagging).

I would, however, like to remind the igc-voters that they can
discover which of their friends and colleagues have voted through eVote.

To: igc-voters at igcaucus.org
Subject: IGC Charter vote
eVote who

a.