[governance] overpasses for IGF opening ceremony

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Sun Oct 29 05:51:37 EST 2006

The main room for the IGF sessions holds 800.  1500 are registered to
attend. So we are back into a situation of allocating overpasses for
the opening session and perhaps other sessions in the main room.

There will be overflow rooms.  And pressure will be off when the
workshops begin on the 2nd day.

I have 100 overpasses for civil society. They are in my care.  I got
them by being the MAG meeting at the room at the wrong time!

Business have a batch, the Internet community has a batch. govt have 2
(or 3?) per delegation.  International orgs have a batch.  The rest
will be first come first serve.

Anyone speaking on a panel session
<http://www.intgovforum.org/list%20of%20panellists.php>

I would like advice on how to distribute the passes we have been given.

My suggestion is to give a few passes to any CS group that has taken
the lead in organizing a workshop should be given a few passes to
distribute among their group. And return any left over to the general
first come first served batch.

We do not have the organization we once had in WSIS.  And we have no
idea who is coming and who is/considers themselves to be civil
society.

I would appreciate advice on what best to do.

Thank you.

Adam
     governance at lists.cpsr.org