[governance] Program for IGC at IGF

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 10:19:05 EDT 2006

On 10/20/06, Jeremy Malcolm <Jeremy at malcolm.id.au> wrote:

> Comparing (as I am in my thesis) the IGF to the IETF, the discrepancy in
> accountability and transparency is stark.  Now, I don't say that this is
> surprising, given the genesis of the IGF, but I do say that it cannot
> continue, and that:
>
> (a) if anyone is going to do something about it, it ought to spring
>      from some of the people on this list; and
>
> (b) it has to happen NOW, before Athens is over and preparations
>      for Rio begin in earnest.
>
> Yet nobody else seems to be concerned, or am I wrong?

I think you are correct, but I don't really care.

I'd rather participate in the already existent IG structures that
actually make decisions that mean something.  The bodies that I
participate in are already transparent in leadership section and
policy making, and they are open to all interested parties.

--
Cheers,

McTim
$ whois -h whois.afrinic.net mctim