[governance] Results from the charter ballot

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Oct 5 17:53:13 EDT 2006

On 5 okt 2006, at 17.40, Izumi AIZU wrote:

> Of course, the real challenge for the Civil Society is how to go
> from here to there.

well other then substantive work, we now have the opportunity to
select our leadership going further.

i will shortly put out a call for nominations for the 2 co-
coordinator roles and will start the process of moving toward their
election.  so, hopefully, people are thinking about who to nominate.

also i will soon need to name a non voting chair for the nomcom that
will lead the process of selecting the appeal's team members.  i am
interested in recommendations.  my preference would be for someone
who has:

- voted in the charter vote
- has participated in a nomcom before
   - could be either the IGC or CS-Plenary one,
     or could be any other nomcom such as ICANN or IETF

and it must be someone who does not with to be one of the co-
coordinators.

note:

- i am not qualified for either of the co-coordinator positions as i
will be managing the election
- i am not qualified to be the non-voting chair of the nomcom as i am
currently in the role of coordinator.  i will, however, help the
chair in terms of setting up the process such as email lists and web
pages, random selection process, etc...

thanks
a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org