[governance] Coordinator Voting Primer

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Nov 9 17:38:13 EST 2006

hi,

0. address email to igc-voters at igcaucus.org
1. message must be plain text
2. the subject must be: coordinator vote
3. the first word must be: eVote

Several possible messages:

to give 1 vote to each person (note this is a safe message to make
sure you got it right - you can change your vote later - send in as
many ballots as you like - it records the last):

eVote
1. 1
2. 1

to give 1 vote to candidate 1 and 2 votes to candidate 2

eVote
1. 1
2. 2

to give 1 vote to candidate 2 and 2 votes to candidate 1

eVote
1. 2
2. 1

to give 0 votes to candidate 1 and 2 votes to candidate 2

eVote
1. 0
2. 2

to give 0 votes to candidate 2 and 2 votes to candidate 1

eVote
1. 2
2. 0

----
to find out who has voted:

message must still be plain text
subject must still be: coordinator vote

message must be:

eVote who

I am sure I will refine this over time and add ore explanations as i
discover what is necessary, but i wanted to get something out quickly

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org