[governance] A process suggestion for IGF nominations

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Sat Mar 25 00:02:49 EST 2006

Hi,

Well, i did  not see any strong unresolved objection to the idea of a
nomcom, so i guess it is time for me to do something.

First, i have already received some volunteers (10 of them)  and have
posted the 1st version of the volunteer list at:
http://www.nomadicity.net/volunteers.html.
I encourage people to volunteer, even if you don't want to be on the
IGF-MAG.   To volunteer, please send me email with a phone number of
Skype contact.  (for those who have already volunteered please send
me a number)

Second, i have chosen the numbers i propose using as seeds for the
randomization process:
the April 1 results of:
     - Irish national Lottery http://www.lotto.ie/
     - UK national lottery http://www.national-lottery.co.uk/
     - US Powerball http://www.powerball.com
I will not include the bonus numbers as they could be repeats of
numbers already in the series.
If no one objects before 27 March, these will be the seeds.

Third, i will compose an announcement on our process to send to this
list and the plenary list. I will send a draft of this to this list
tomorrow (26 March)

In terms of the schedule i outlined the immediate plan:

23 March - reach consensus decision (no protest) on process - done
27 March - choose seeds - proposed
27 March - send note to Plenary - draft on 26 March
30 March - deadline for volunteering for nomcom
          - remember if we don't reach 255, the process will be aborted.

a.