[governance] A process suggestion for IGF nominations

Milton Mueller Mueller at syr.edu
Tue Mar 21 14:12:55 EST 2006

I strongly agree with Jeanette and Vittorio that 35 names is far too many. Indeed, with that number of nominees, there is no reason for the caucus to go to the trouble of developing a process and choosing a nomcom. The same result could be obtained by simply allowing any interested party or nominator to put forward candidates directly to the IGF email.

We need to fix on either 10 or 15: 2 (or 3) from each of the five geographic regions.