[governance] IGC Inc. [was Re: Going forward - Role of the governance caucus [3 options]]

Meryem Marzouki marzouki at ras.eu.org
Mon Mar 6 08:00:47 EST 2006

Veni, I don't understand why you keep proposing the incorporation of
IGC, while it's more than clear that it is not feasible (and unneeded
and, I think, unwanted). We're all discussing the difficulty of
reaching agreed positions for this caucus (process- and substance-
wise), and you want it structured in a formal way ? Frankly, if you
propose a for-profit incorporation it could be more feasible: at
least, people would agree on making profit !! (how, this is another
question :))

If the issue is funding, then one or more already existing CS
organization could apply for funding for an IGC-related project ! A
member of the HR caucus have successfully done that during WSIS 1st
phase (as documented on the HR caucus site at: http://
www.iris.sgdg.org/actions/smsi/hr-wsis/#7).

Best,
Meryem