[governance] Going forward - Role of the governance caucus [3 options]

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Mon Mar 6 07:42:10 EST 2006

At 01:31 PM 06.3.2006 '?.'  +0100, Meryem Marzouki wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I see that Milton is bringing his contribution to the International
>Women Day

:) Since the changes in Bulgaria, people stopped celebrating this
day, because everyone thought it comes from the Soviet Union; we need
some education on that... Further to your proposals:

>- This caucus could remain a discussion place for (at large)
>governance issues [addition, Re: 'statu quo option': developing its
>own positions if possible]

Agree.

>- Any (already existing or to be recomposed/newly formed) caucus/
>coalition could be formed to develop substantive opinions on various
>governance issues (and other post-wsis issues as well)

Agree

>- One (or more) CS coordination/liaison group should be formed to
>deeal with organizational matters and, if desirable and possible,
>facilitate global CS at post-wsis opinions/declarations developments.

Agree.

Would suggest also my old idea of structuring a non-profit to the IG
Caucus, which will be able to talk to potential funders for funding
participation of people from developing countries, and LDC. At the
moment we all rely on other organizations for that; would be a mature
act to be able to handle that on our own.

veni