[governance] IGC Inc. [was Re: Going forward - Role of the governance caucus [3 options]]

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Mon Mar 6 08:07:22 EST 2006

At 02:00 PM 06.3.2006 '?.'  +0100, Meryem Marzouki wrote:
>wise), and you want it structured in a formal way ? Frankly, if you
>propose a for-profit incorporation it could be more feasible: at
>least, people would agree on making profit !! (how, this is another

:-)

I was hoping that once we create a spin-off of the IGC, we'll be in a
position to help people who could contribute to the discussions at the IGF.
Otherwise you are right - these people can apply to other entities,
but the CS kind of shows we can't organize ourselves even to help our
own members. Then, the IGC remains in this semi-formed position - we
participate, but we are not allowed at all meetings. We issue
statements, but there's no address, where we can receive questions.
Anyway, since there's not enough support for this initiative, I am
giving up. At least I tried.

veni