[governance] Going forward - Role of the governance caucus [3 options]

Lee McKnight LMcKnigh at syr.edu
Mon Mar 6 01:02:01 EST 2006

Robert,

To play the game you have to name names, not strategic categories.  Yes regional diversity is good, more important is getting someone to step forward. There's always another year coming, so others will get turns as IGF stumbles into being. And your nominees are?

In the meantime I'll second all 3 of Milton's most worthy nominations to keep the ball rolling. But of course am also happy to second additional nominees from other regions, just as long as some suckers I mean volunteers accept the substantial challenge for this year of founding IGF.

Lee

Prof. Lee W. McKnight
School of Information Studies
Syracuse University
+1-315-443-6891office
+1-315-278-4392 mobile

Milton Mueller wrote:

> I suggest that we conscript Avri Doria and Meryem Merzouki (or, if she declines, Bill Drake) as co-coordinators for the next year and charge them with facilitating the creation of a structure.

Some sort of regional diversity would be good. While I don't mind having
all the key people be from developed European countries it would be good
to have one or more persons from other regions.

It would be a wise strategic decision to have the key people involved
from both developed and developing countries. Not sure we can find
someone, but if we can - it would be very strategic.

regards

Robert