[governance] Going forward - Role of the governance caucus [3 options]

Danny Butt db at dannybutt.net
Mon Mar 6 05:26:51 EST 2006

I agree with Lee that there's not a strong need for regional
diversity if we're talking about facilitating this entire group
toward a structure (as opposed to facilitating agreement on content).
One of the points of the discussion on structure will undoubtedly
include geographic, gender and cultural diversity of the coordinating
body for the group (or at least, I'll be angling for this).

I think Bill has put a lot of work into outlining structural issues
in a sophisticated way and I would be most happy to see him take us
forward, though I'm also happy with the other suggestions. What about
someone like Jovan, who has been quieter on this list but has
diplomatic expertise. A good facilitator on process is  often less
invested in the topic, which is why I've never been the best
facilitator in the world.

There are many other worthy candidates but I'm wary of the way these
kind of email discussions become both a popularity contest and also
require you to demonstrate allegiance to certain sectors. It'd be
nice if people could nominate to someone off-list (Milton?) and a
poll be set up somewhere.

Danny