[governance] Going forward - Role of the governance caucus

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wz-berlin.de
Thu Mar 2 15:51:41 EST 2006

Hi Meryem, if I understand correctly,

you see two options for the caucus to move forward:

1. the caucus can stay as it is and try to give itself a structure
2. it could differentiate itself into smaller entities

The founding of the MMWG could be seen as a first step towards the
second option. Other people could set up new working groups in the same
manner. As far as I am concerned I would always choose a caucus or
working group on Internet governance as my "home". The forum doesn't
really change this preference. I guess this is true for many if not most
of the active caucus members. This shouldn't be a problem for the other
cs groups. After all, we are hardly able to speak on behalf of
ourselves. There is certainly no danger that the caucus claims any
authority beyond its members.
jeanette