[governance] [Fwd: China To Launch Alternate Country Code Domains]

Meryem Marzouki marzouki at ras.eu.org
Thu Mar 2 04:12:42 EST 2006

Le 2 mars 06 à 00:46, Joe Baptista a écrit :

> Meryem Marzouki wrote:
>
>> It seems to me that the really breaking news in this announcement is
>> that it shows the general public - and any decision maker who seems
>> afraid of the '(Internet) world chaos' alternate roots are supposed
>> to cause  - that alternate roots do work when good coordination is in
>> place and respected. And if this applies to multilingual roots, it
>> also applies to any kind of alternate root  and DNS system.
>>

> Nonsense.  You are mixing apples and oranges to make chocolate milk.

Humm... Sounds like tasty 'nouvelle cuisine' dessert:)

> Root which are exclusive suffer technical failure in
> the long term.

Who said here that roots should be exclusive ? If I say - like some
others, including you - that this only needs good coordination (or
governance), it obviously means that they shouldn't be exclusive, or
isolated islands.
We should better discuss what 'good coordination' means in this
context, rather than loosing our time with erroneous interpretation
of each other messages.

Meryem