[governance] charter 1.5

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Sun Jul 23 00:15:10 EDT 2006

>yes, that is the historical page for the IGC as a WSIS CS committee.  I
have looked at that and avoided changing it until after the charter is
approved.

In fact, since history is one of the most important constituents of meaning,
it may be appropriate to leave the historical fact of how IGC came to be, in
the opening part of the charter.

Though to fit the purpose of the charter, it may have to be changed a bit.
Something like,

IGC was formed by The IGC comprises individual and organizational civil
society
actors who came together in the context of the World Summit on the
Information Society (WSIS) to
promote global public interest objectives in Internet governance policy
making.

I propose that this be the opening line of the charter even before the
vision, putting the issue in perspective.

Thanks. Parminder

Parminder Jeet Singh

IT for Change, Bangalore

91-80-26654134