[governance] Burr & Cade: proposal for introducing multi-lateral oversight of the root

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Thu Jul 20 17:59:19 EDT 2006

<personal viewpoint>

On 20 jul 2006, at 10.12, Adam Peake (ajp at glocom.ac.jp) wrote:

> A sensible proposal, could be a great step forward.

while I think it is interesting that there is a proposal and that
people have begun to talk about there being possible alternatives to
US government oversight of the root, I don't understand why CS, or
ICANN for that matter, would be interested in supporting a model that
was not a multistakeholder model.

in some ways this seems like it might actually be a step backward in
the process of enabling new and improved multistakeholder governance
models.

a.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org