[governance] [ga] Re: Establishment of the European Regional At-Large Organizaton

Peter Dambier peter at echnaton.serveftp.com
Sat Jan 21 19:27:18 EST 2006

Robert your spanish is much better than mine. Thankyou for playing this
little game with us.

Erick feels like Karl and me that ICANN has presented us a nice little
sandbox with nice little toys to play with.

So Erik and me started playing. You want the others to join in so
it might be a good idea to stay with english. Also we probably might
find more spanish readers than english (there are fewer analphabeths :)
we might loose the scandinavians and playing without the scandinavian
is less fun.

I am unshure wether we may bring in our own toys or wether we have
to use the toys presented by ICANN. That is why I offered

http://root.5wc.ch/
http://www.opennic.unrated.net/

as alternative roots and

http://iason.site.voila.fr/
https://sourceforge.net/projects/iason/

for verifying and building.

There are 8 ways we might follow.

Erich choose (b):

Changing with heart and mind to follow a different target.
Sorry my spanish is not so good after all.

I choose (e):

Anarchy, because the threat of anarchy might bring people
who have lost all reality back to their senses.

Take the root for example. It is a single point of failure.
Both Eugene Kashpureff and Joe Baptista showed how easy
it is to bring down a root. All you have to do is ...

No everybody fluent in DNS knows already. I need not repeat.

Only balkanisation can save us from the danger of root
corruption.

If you want to run your own root-servers please ask me
privately wether we could monitor your root-servers with
IASON or how you could do it yourself using IASON :)

That's for anarchy now let us come back to our senses.

Thankyou

Peter

mail: peter at echnaton.serveftp.com
mail: peter at peter-dambier.de