[governance] [ga] Re: Establishment of the European Regional At-Large Organizaton

Danny Younger dannyyounger at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 21 18:31:45 EST 2006

Veni,

One of the four principles put forth in the White
Paper was "representation".

This guiding document also stated:  "The new
corporation's charter should provide a mechanism
whereby its governing body will evolve to reflect
changes in the constituency of Internet stakeholders.
The new corporation could, for example, establish an
open process for the presentation of petitions to
expand board representation."

Instead of expanding board representation, you and
your fellow Board members have reduced board
representation by eliminating an entire category of
stakeholders from the Board -- the at-large community.
 My interest is in repairing the damage that you and
your associates on the Board have caused, and
restoring representation to the Internet's end-user
community.

As this list is devoted to governance issues, perhaps
you might share with us your own views on board-level
representation for the At-Large.

Danny