[governance] [ga] Re: Establishment of the European RegionalAt-Large Organizaton

Vansnick Rudi rudi.vansnick at isoc.be
Sat Jan 21 12:50:31 EST 2006

Why do I read so many negative reactions ?
It is not the first time we (ISOC Belgium) are critized for our efforts. In some
cases we even experience destructive reactions. We support people (and
organisations) keeping in mind the basics of the ISOC community ("Internet for
everyone"), which can only be done through lots of volunteering efforts.

Proposing solutions after the basic work is done is quite easy. Taking the lead,
as Vittorio has done, and moving forward in difficult situations, with no
funding, is an action we should all applaud in stead of debating on how it could
be done better.

If someone wants to host the forum, just do it, we are not against. Except that
nobody has responded to the unforced request from Vittorio to start the Euralo
before this has been brought up in this list.

Best regards,

Rudi Vansnick
ISOC Belgium