[governance] Establishment of the European Regional At-Large Organizaton

Robert Guerra rguerra at lists.privaterra.org
Sat Jan 21 12:26:33 EST 2006

On 21-Jan-06, at 12:13 PM, Veni Markovski wrote:

> At 11:09 21-01-06  -0500, Robert Guerra wrote:
>> -  Knowing the issues with ISOC, I am curious as to why on earth an
>> ISOC space was chosen to host the discussions about the new
>> structure. Could another space not have been chosen?
>
> what's wrong with ISOC.be (belgium)? They have the skills, the
> time, and I asume they've proposed to help. Did someone say
> anything about the CPSR taking care of this list?

CPSR must be seen as a nice host, as to my knowledge there hasn't
been any criticism directed to the organization. We seem to be
playing the role of a neutral facilitator :)

ISOC seems to evoke reactions from far more people than CPSR does. As
for the hosting for the european new structure - well, i didn't see
an open call anywhere . perhaps a first step would have been to make
a call to see who might be able to host the site

>> - Being an EU (spanish) citizen, I'd like to ask the question of
>> "language" and how that issue will be handled ? The French and
>> Spanish internet users will no doubt make a very strong point that
>> linguistic diversity is one that should be accommodated.
>
> So, to speak, the Bulgarian, Macedonian, Serbian and Russian.

Well another question, will the new "european" structure speak for
just EU members or all "europeans" ? If it's just the EU, then the
languages you mention aren't (yet) official in the EU ;)

regards

Robert