[governance] intervention draft - why are the more progressive elements of IGF functions ommitted

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wz-berlin.de
Wed Feb 15 11:54:32 EST 2006

Parminder,

I have mentioned weeks ago that the caucus should think about a
statement for the Geneva consultation. I got no response, and nobody
drafted anything. This is why I decided yesterday to put together a list
of principles regarding the forum; principles I assume the caucus finds
relevant.

Karen suggested that I include parts of Bill's Malta presentation. She
attached that presentation so that everybody on this list could read it.
Nobody objected, so Jeremy and I added parts of Bill's presentation. As
far as I am concerned, we can drop the second part or replace it by new
language.

The point I want to make is that this statement reflects a collective
process of thinking. I havn't invented anything, I merely merged
elements of recent contributions.

Also, most of what you suspect further down in your email is simply not
true or does not reflect my intensions. For example, I don't mean to
give complete acceptance to any existing arrangements.

I would appreciate if you could comment on other people's work on this
list in more polite and respectful way.

jeanette