[governance] thread on ITU as potential locus for IG work

Robert Guerra rguerra at lists.privaterra.org
Fri Feb 3 09:38:12 EST 2006

On 2/3/06, David Allen <David_Allen_AB63 at post.harvard.edu> wrote:

> As already detailed a couple times on the plenary list, the ITU took
> a serious hit to its budget just a few years ago - a nine percent
> reduction is the number that comes to my mind.

What is also significant is that it paid off a 1/4 of it's staff.

> In the end, budget is one of the measures of concrete support for WSIS goals.

let's be cautious. Have there been any third party audits of it's
finances? If so, would be good to see where they are (and not)
spending the precious sums they get from its members.

The ITU could be an Enron, may be not - but let's find out and do our
due dillegence before lending our support in anyway to the politics
going on at the ITU.

regards

Robert