[governance] New dot com agreement changes USG-ICANN relationship

l.d.misek-falkoff ldmisekfalkoff at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 09:25:12 EST 2006

Dear Danny,

What you write accepting multilateral roles across the board, as I read it,
seems very sensible in that *university think=tanks for instance* have
usually relied on *budgetings* that translate often into quasi or real
private sector endeavors in significant parts rather than purely civil
society endeavors (or, certainly grass roots endeavors).

I don't meant this pessimistically; overheard at World Bank once:  'Budgets
are what stand between (in the good sense as well as others) Governments and
Projects'.

A review of the history of computing itself seems to support this inclusive
POV and render it not unpalatable.  (Sidebar: You seem both a realist and an
idealist at the same time, nice work! Classic and romantic mixes, as
perceived here .. just an interpretation of course).

:) Linda..