Re: [governance] Répondre: [WSIS CS-Plenary] List of Nominees being considered by IGC Nomcom

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sun Apr 16 10:37:45 EDT 2006

Hi,

I like the idea of being flexible and try to be whenever I can.

I have two problems with accepting the 3 late nominations I have
received (it is not a matter of just the one from ACSIS) that go
beyond a notion of being strict about deadlines.

- I have no way of knowing how many people might have thought about
applying on the 14th, seen the deadline and decided that they were
too late, and hence not applied.  It would not be fair to those who
may have reacted this way to the deadline to now accept new
nominations without reopening nominations.  And given the tight
schedule (decision due on Tuesday 18 April), reopening nominations
would be impossible.

- The members of the IGC nomcom are well along in their
deliberations.  Giving due consideration on an equal basis to the new
nominees would be extremely difficult if not impossible.

thanks
a.