[governance] NomCom nomination statments - To publish or not to Publish

Ralf Bendrath bendrath at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Thu Apr 13 09:15:55 EDT 2006

Avri Doria wrote:

> Personally I see this as a compromise between transparency and
> privacy.
This has nothing to do with privacy. Privacy is what people do in their
private life, but not what they do in public functions and especially not
when running for a UN mandate.

I totally agree with Meryem and Taran that we need a fully transparent
process here. So it's nice to hear that the nominees have not objected to
the publication of the info, but anything else would just make them (and
us) fail the giggle test.

Best, Ralf