[governance] NomCom nomination statments - To publish or not to Publish

Mawaki Chango ki_chango at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 12 19:45:06 EDT 2006

Hi,

I will have to agree with Meryem and Taran here. IGC is not the only
place candidates are nominated, and anyone can send their self
nomination directly to the IGF secretariat. So, if someone if seeking
the endorsement or support of any constituency (no matter if s/he is
not self-nominated as long as s/he is willing to accept her/his
nomination), then it is quite a matter of politeness to state this
and introduce her/himself to that constituency. That is the principle
(I'm not saying anyone who would have any reason not to publish would
be impolite, but then again, there are other options for
candidating).

Though I'm not sure where the issue would come from, whether from the
short bio or from the rest of the information requested (or even,
would it be that a person could be in a professional situation where
s/he wouldn't like to be known that s/he's planning to take up this
responsibility??? hope he won't be doing the job "clandestinely!"),
anyway, if the privacy issue is with the bio as I first thought, all
what is requested is profiling elements related one way or the other
to IG.

Mawaki