[governance] NomCom nomination statments - To publish or not to Publish

Milton Mueller Mueller at syr.edu
Wed Apr 12 16:00:28 EDT 2006

sounds good to me, thanks for working it out. --MM

>>> Avri Doria <avri at psg.com> 4/12/2006 3:53 PM >>>
Hi,

The few public comments sent to the list seem to indicate a
preference for publishing names.  Since this was not made clear to
candidates before the process, I plan to respect individual privacy
by asking each candidate whether they accept having their information
published.

The IGC nomcom will therefore publish the names, information and bios/
statements of nominees according to the following process:

Assuming that they, or their nominator, have not already given
permission to publish, I send send email to each nominee individually
asking for permission to publish their information.

- if they agree, their info will be published
- if the don't agree i will ask for permission to at least list their
names, nationality and gender.
- to account for any who don't agree to have their names and basic
information published, we will include a count of unpublished
candidates on the web site.

hope this works for the caucus.

thanks
a.