[governance] IGC nominating committee for IGF MAG candidates

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wz-berlin.de
Tue Apr 4 11:12:50 EDT 2006

My concern was that a new chaos could emerge caused by nominations
without the requested information regarding the nominees. So, one way to
handle the process would be to say the following:

If you want to (self) nominate (someone), please explain why this person
is a good choice for the MAG.

In the context of the WGIG nominations, not all nominees had been asked
before they were suggested. Perhaps its worth mentioning that the
nominee's consent is necessary for a nomination.
jeanette

Avri Doria wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 4 apr 2006, at 16.13, Jeanette Hofmann wrote:
>

>> Just for clarification: If I understand correctly, nominating someone
>> means to suggest a person and to explain why this person would be good
>> for the MAG.
>
> yes.  although it can also be a self nomination.
>
>> If that person accepts the nomination, she sends the requested bio to
>> the NomCom? If not, could you please explain who is expected to do what?
>
> well, i wasn't thinking of anything strict.  i think that the nominee
> could do it.  or the nominated could do it.  i think that the most
> important thing is to have the information.  and if it comes collated in
> one package, no matter who sends it, then it is easier for me.
>
> but if you think it should be more formal, i would welcome a suggestion
> on a process we could use.
>
> thanks
> a.
>

>> thanks. jeanette
>>
>>> The basic criteria we are using are:
>>> - All candidates must be CS participants in the WSIS and post-WSIS
>>> activities
>>> - 2 candidates from each of the 5 regions with gender balance
>>> - 5 additional to balance for skill/knowledge set, age, disability, ...
>>> - Additionally
>>>    - anyone can nominate, including members of the nomcom.
>>>    - self nominations are invited
>>> At a minimum, all nominations and self nominations should consist of
>>> the following:
>>> - Name
>>> - Nationality
>>> - Country of Residence
>>> - Gender
>>> - Short Bio relevant to IG
>>> - Why the (self)nominee is a good choice for the MAG
>>> All nominations statements should be sent to : IGC-nomcom at wsis-cs.org
>>> thanks
>>> a.