[governance] IGC nominating committee for IGF MAG candidates

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Wed Apr 5 04:56:12 EDT 2006

Hi,

As mentioned in an earlier note, the IGC was setting up a nomcom to
develop a list of candidates for the IGF-MAG.  As planned, a random
procedure was used, and the members of this nomcom have been selected:

Voting members
     Magaly Pazello
     Rainer Kuhlen
     Bret Faucett
     Karen Banks
     Richard Draves

Non voting chair: Avri Doria

We had 34 volunteers in the drawing.  One of the rules we are
operating under is that none of the members of the nomcom can be
selected by the nomcom as IGC candidates for the IGF-MAG.

We will be working over the next 2 weeks to produce a list of
candidates.

The basic criteria we are using are:

- All candidates must be CS participants in the WSIS and post-WSIS
activities
- 2 candidates from each of the 5 regions with gender balance
- 5 additional to balance for skill/knowledge set, age, disability, ...

- Additionally
    - anyone can nominate, including members of the nomcom.
    - self nominations are invited

At a minimum, all nominations and self nominations should consist of
the following:

- Name
- Name of nominator (or self)
- Nationality
- Country of Residence
- Gender
- Short Bio relevant to IG
- Why the (self)nominee is a good choice for the MAG

It would also be useful to indicate that the (self) nominee
has the ability to handle the additional workload.  While the work load
is uncertain, it will probably involve 1-2 several day meetings in
Geneva (one os already scheduled in May) and a fair amount of email
traffic. If the WGIG workload is any indication, there may be times,
especially as the Athens meeting approaches where this could consume
at least a day a week.

All nominations statements should be sent to : IGC-nomcom at wsis-cs.org
before
10 April.

We request that either nominator or the nominee, collect all the info
into a single
email.  Also, if the nomination is not a self-nomination, then the
nominator should check with the nominated to ensure that she or he is
willing to
serve.

Note: the statements don't need to be long.
The list of candidates must be sent to the IGF secretariat by the
18th of April
and will be announced on this list at that time.

thanks
a.