[governance] [Wsis-pct] IP Justice Comment to IGF on Top Policy Issues for Athens

Robin Gross robin at ipjustice.org
Mon Apr 3 19:16:00 EDT 2006

Richard Stallman wrote:

>I would support any of these specific recommendations in another
>context.  But this document takes a point of view that accepts DRM,
>per se, as legitimate.  It opposes the prohibition of P2P software,
>but doesn't call for the legalization of P2P sharing; it says nothing
>to oppose laws such as the new German law, which would imprison all
>people for sharing movies.
>
>For that reason, I have to urge people not to endorse the document.

I wonder why no effort was made to bring your own concerns to the
attention of the IGF.

Its easy to sit around and pick apart those who actually participate for
not mentioning yet another issue or another bad law.

Perhaps instead of considering whether to "endorse" others, you could
participate yourself.

Robin