[governance] Need for coordinators - Re: Public policy issues to be discussed at the first meeting of the IGF

Robert Guerra rguerra at lists.privaterra.org
Sat Apr 1 18:30:15 EST 2006

Meryem:

All I offered to do in a completely volunteer fashion was to encourage a
 discussion to issue of themes. I collated the documents and , as i
mention in my email, forwarded submissions that did explicitly mention
they were being sent directly.

The documents were sent in the name of the original authors.

My intentions were honest. My goal, a humble one was to encourage people
to stay focused on themes and try to compile what was submitted. Not an
easy task, but someone had to do it. No one volunteered, and I offered
to do the thankless job.

Perhaps you would have preferred to do it yourself. But you didn't,
neither than anyone else. The key players from the past, seem to have
made the strategic decision to instead invest time, energy and efforts
on the IGF advisory board.. Why did that happen? well, would be good to
know.

As for who should co-ordinate efforts on this list. You mention a few
names, which is fine. Others may have a different opinion.

Now if an election process is justified to name the governance caucus
nominees to the IGF advisory board then surely, a process is called for
to select coordinators of the governance caucus itself.

Regards,

Robert