[governance] What could happen this morning in subcom A

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wz-berlin.de
Thu Sep 29 04:59:39 EDT 2005

Hi, we might have another opportunity to speak in the next subcommittee
meeting tonight.
My suggestion would be to have a look at the contributions from
Argentina and the EU on para 62. These contributions seem to be regarded
the most relevant ones. What do others think, should we comment on these
proposals?

http://www.itu.int/wsis/docs2/pc3/working/dt14rev2.doc

I had brief chat with an experienced participant this morning. He
expressed his surprise about the EU proposal. Considering the fact that
the EU tries to express the middle ground, their proposal is too
detailed, too government-centred ("too french") and obviously not
coordinated with US. "As the Austrians would say, the US did not even
ignore the EU proposal."

The latest compilation of comments on the chair's paper still has the
first version of our statement on para 62. This is very unfortunate. We
completed our new version yesterday evening because we wanted to get it
included in the new compilation as distributed this morning.

jeanette