[governance] What could happen this morning in subcom A

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Thu Sep 29 04:35:58 EDT 2005

Rumours are that Khan might let delegations comment the different
proposals for section 5 (i.e. forum + oversight), then adjourn the session
and reconvene it as a drafting group on section 5, chaired by himself. If
this happens, we will be confronted with the option of sitting silently,
or trying to speak and possibly be sent out.

In any case, Jeanette is making our statement right now, so we've spoken;
but, in light of the possibilities that these WSIS rules of procedure are
adopted also for the forum, I am wondering whether we should not set
continued precedents of exclusion, so to continue raising the issue until
we get better treatment, or confront them with the risk of civil society
(and perhaps private sector) not supporting the forum due to its
dissatisfaction with actual possibilities for participation. I do not want
to take excessive action, but this needs some careful strategic thinking
in the near future.

Getting back to Khan, another rumour is that he might come up with his own
attempt to merge existing proposals into a common text to start
discussions.
--
vb.               [Vittorio Bertola - v.bertola [a] bertola.eu.org]<------
http://bertola.eu.org/  <- Vecchio sito, nuovo toblòg...