[governance] PrepCom3 Side events on IG

William Drake wdrake at cpsr.org
Thu Sep 15 10:04:59 EDT 2005

Hi,

Since Izumi raised the subject of Tunis side events, I should mention two
others for the PrepCom.  Traveling and forgot, sorry.

Since the large plenary sessions will hardly be the most conducive
environment in which to have serious, focused, and open interactive
discussions on IG reform issues raised by the WGIG report, and since it
didn't appear that anything else along these lines was happening, CPSR and
the Third World Institute (ITeM)in Montevideo  grabbed two slots for
cosponsored side events during PrepCom 3.  These are as follows:

"The Internet Governance Forum Function," Wed. Sept. 21 13:00-15:00 in
Room XVI.

""The Internet Governance Oversight Function," Wed. Sept. 28 13:00-15:00
in Room XVI.

The listing currently on the conference website at
http://www.itu.int/wsis/preparatory2/pc3/parallel/index.html reflects a
prior formulation in which we'd thought of doing two sessions on the
Forum.  Hopefully this will be updated soon.

We need more speakers willing to offer boot up remarks on these two
topics.  A few folks have already volunteered, but there are a few slots
still available.  The room will be equipped for Power Point presentations
if anyone feels ambitious.

If you are interested in making some initial panel remarks, please send a
note to myself and to Pablo Accuosto of ITeM.  Our addresses are above.
And of course, otherwise everyone is very much encouraged to attend and
participate in the discussions.

Thanks,

Bill

William J. Drake  wdrake at ictsd.ch
President, Computer Professionals for
   Social Responsibility www.cpsr.org
Senior Associate, International Centre for Trade
   and Sustainable Development www.ictsd.org
   Geneva, Switzerland
http://mitpress.mit.edu/IRGP-series
http://www.cpsr.org/board/drake
Morality is the best of all devices for leading
mankind by the nose.---Nietzsche