[governance] Internet Governance event at Tunis? => book

William Drake wdrake at cpsr.org
Thu Sep 15 09:44:52 EDT 2005

Hello,

Yes,I am organizing a side event at Tunis.  Thought I'd mention it closer
to the date but can do so now instead.

I am editing a book for the WGIG secretariat called "Reforming Internet
Governance: Reflections from the UN WGIG."  It will comprise about two
dozen chapters by WGIG alumni and secretariat staff on various IG topics
of their choosing, and will be published either by the UN or the WGIG
secretariat itself, TBA.  This is still in process, chapters are dribbling
in a bit late, and then it will be a mad rush for Markus and the UN to
find a printer in NYC who can turn the manuscript into a book in like a
month's time.  Not sure it will work, we'll see.

So in light of this, CPSR in collaboration with the WGIG secretariat
submitted a proposal to hold a side event in Tunis by the same name with
some WGIG alumni/authors as panelists.  If the book is available, it will
be a book release event (i.e. free copies).  If instead the publisher has
not managed to get the thing out in time, it will be a pre-release event,
at which attendees presumably would be able to get a form to request a
copy when the book is out not long thereafter.

And as Robert says, it will be held Nov 16 11:00-13:00.  We thought a room
for 100 would be enough, but if not I'm sure we'll manage.

Best,

Bill