[governance] Statement made in Plenary

Emmanuel Njenga njenga at apc.org
Sun Oct 2 11:28:08 EDT 2005

Hi,

>Avri Doria ha scritto:
>
>the US government would be well within its national mandate to
>prohibit companies from associating with certain foreign powers (the
>so called rogues and evil ones) and to prohibit contractual relations
>with entities in those countries.  It is this sort of potential
>restriction that I believe is inappropriate for ICANN.

To add on to this, I also saw a statement that was circulating during
the prepcom especially around Africa civil society meetings.

The main message of the statement was around problems with the ccTLD of
Congo (.cg), and its management where it seems there are some obvious
problems with the administration of the ccTLD and ICANN is has not been
able to sort out these problems and the concerned party has no one to
turn to.

Regards,

Njenga