[governance] Vixie supports another root administration

Paul Vixie paul at vix.com
Mon Oct 10 18:18:00 EDT 2005

# I wouldn't dream of forcing them, but they are reasonable folk, who
# would probably not deal with this controversy.

The root server operators I have known have mostly been controversy-averse.

# Perhaps a lot of it could have been avoided if they all were as open about
# their ops as F and K.  A little education could still go a long way.

I'll pass the word.

# For instance, some of the rootops have virtual domains under
# root-servers.org.
#
# http://d.root-servers.org/
# http://e.root-servers.org/
# http://f.root-servers.org/ (an alias)
# http://h.root-servers.org/
# etc.
#
# Some are more informative than others, k.root-servers.org/ seems to be
# most informative, and they have a cool clickable map..

Hey!  http://f.root-servers.org/ has a cool clickable map, too, you know!