[governance] Vixie supports another root administration

Milton Mueller Mueller at syr.edu
Mon Oct 10 18:02:11 EDT 2005

>>> McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> 10/10/2005 5:46 PM >>>
>The USG has
>said that it will be happy to give it up if there is smt better to
>replace their "stewardship".

Could you please point me to the official statement where this promise
is made? I would respectfully suggest that it doesn't exist.

>more probable that they have a duty to protect stability of the
network.

Could you explain to me how DoC's role does anything to protect the
stability - physical, or other - of the Internet? It has been said that
patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel, and today the modern
version of that is to claim that what one does "preserves stability and
security of the Net." As a veteran of ICANN, I have seen that claim
abused more times than I can count. So tell me, please, how it happens.
Why is the net more stable because of US control? And don't forget:
stable to whom?