[governance] process

Joe Baptista baptista at cynikal.net
Thu Oct 27 12:28:29 EDT 2005

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005, Danny Butt wrote:

> The list is having discussions about representation and governance
> for itself. Governments already have "rough consensus and running

I agree.  Have stated that time and time again.  The WSIS process as a
representative process is mainly bogus.  People have spent a great deal of
time and money on talk which ultimately will look good to show consensus
was attempted but in the end result no one inpower is going to give them
much attention.

> code" for governance, and the resistance to their role is
> ideologically driven. I would say that there is probably as much
> understanding exhibited here about the basis of governmental
> authority over all of us, as there is by the governments about how
> the DNS systems works (i.e. not much and unevenly distributed). I
> don't like governments, and when I prefer a Brazilian Govt text to an
> international CS one I feel something is wrong.

Exactly.  The level of education and understanding of the DNS and internet
protocol in general is to a great extent non existent across all
participants including government representatives.

I likewise found the Brazilian opinion on root servers very refreshing.
It show me the Brazilians did some research - alot more then anyone has.

regards
joe

Joe Baptista, Official Public-Root Representative and Lobbyist to the
United States Congress and Senate / Tel: +1 (202) 517-1593

Public-Root Disclosure Documents: http://www.cynikal.net/~baptista/P-R/